Is entrepreneurship really for you?
Zahir Dossa, founder of Function of Beauty and The Argan Tree, shares his unique experience and perspective on entrepreneurship in this feature of People Uncovered. Things sure have changed since our high school days, but Zahir certainly hasn’t slowed down—from getting his PhD to revolutionizing the beauty industry. Function of Beauty recently got accepted into Y-Combinator, an amazing accomplishment for a year old startup!
In this audio conversation, we talk about how he got into the industry, failed ventures, why entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone, bleeding neck wounds, and more.
Take a listen, and see more on Zahir’s background and our conversation highlights below!
- How Function of Beauty and The Argan Tree got their roots
- What did hair and water pumps have to do with getting into beauty industry
- The biggest problems in the industry
- The real question you should be asking yourself
- The love-hate relationship everyone should have
- The importance of bleeding neck wounds
- Finding the right combination of people to help you
- How you can support Function of Beauty and get your perfect shampoo & conditioner*
*Note: I’m not receiving any compensation for any companies or products mentioned in this feature.
Zahir Dossa, Function of Beauty Founder & CEO
Livelihood: CEO of Function of Beauty
New Projects: Going through Y-Combinator and expanding Function of Beauty
Loves: Rock Climbing (until I fell), Soccer (until I fell rock climbing), Biking, TV Shows (I’d consider myself an expert critic), Slow-Cooked Beef Ribs, and Sunshine
Other Links: Article